Beukey on Pop Culture

This blog will focus on pop culture, with an emphasis on views outside, overlooked, or ignored by the mainstream. I may veer off-topic. We are all grown-ups, so don't act shocked at occasional bad language. This blog is not the place for those of you who stood in line to see "The Lake House".

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Velvet Undergroud Acetate

I am back from my Christmas vacation, and days away from my trip to South America, where I hope to interview Xuxa (yes, that was a joke). So Jan. may be another lean month for postings, but I'll try to get up what I can when I am near a computer.

To continue the Sunday tradition I tried to start a while back, click the title to an interesting link I recently discovered. Go under the Jan. 4 posting to find the Velvet Underground Acetate that recently made news for fetching $25,000 in Ebay, until that bid turned out to be a fraud. I have not listened to all of these yet, but the differences in "European Son" and "Heroin" are obvious to any VU fan (and if you are reading this blog, you are a VU fan).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home